Sunday, 14 July 2013

Earsling

No, it's not a Saxon sling attached to the ears. Earsling is Old English for Arseling; which is what I am. I forgot to back-up my work. Again. And my laptop died again. That means I've lost everything I've added to the bestiary since the Elf archer I posted here. Hey that was a good decision too, to not post any more bestiary entries on the blog. So I've lost the elf spellsinger entries, and elf elders, and an npc version of the a new dwarf skirmisher,  maybe more I can't rememeber, and I just can't be arsed to redo them so the bestiary is done. I'm so bummed I'm pretty much done with Redwald. Will now start on the second draft and then convert it to a pdf, who ever wants a cp can have one, but it's fucking dead to me. Bollocks.

12 comments:

  1. More annoyed with meself than depressed, David. As it is it's not too bad as I did send the most up to date version of the bestiary, with all the elf entries, to fenway from Heroes and Otherworlds so I've only lost one and two thirds dwarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I did not send the eleves to chris. Bummer.

      Delete
  2. Disappointing to hear, I was really looking forward to seeing what you were going to do with Orcus and his minions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can gather. Orcus was the saxon/germanic god of the dead/underworld and nothing like the iconic winged demon with goat feet D&D version. His minions were undead warriors called Orcneas which is where Tolkien got the name Orcs. I can't remember it's a few years since I researched and there wasn't much detail. In fact I think most of the detail was about Tolkien taking inspiration from the word Orcneas.

      Not sure what exactly I would have done as I tend to wait till I'm writing a bestiary entry and then see what happens rather than go in with a concrete idea.

      Delete
    2. Although, it seems Orcus was adopted by the saxons from a Roman god. I guess the clue is in the -us very Roman.

      Delete
  3. How do you get a copy of Redwald? I'm very interested in this setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, man--I'd love to see the most current version!

    Am I garnering here there's a H&OW conversion going on? Awesome. That's a great rule-set...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I want one so badly!
    necro_cyber at o2 dot pl, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also be interested in a copy; it is sad this project will never be finished...

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there is a possibility of getting the latest S&W Raedwald stuff, I'd be grateful. My email address is antonio dot eleuteri at gmail dot com

    Thanks!
    Antonio

    ReplyDelete