Wednesday, 20 April 2011

A - Z Challenge: Q - Quick, not so much.

I don't work quickly and I've been hacking (sic) away at this for over a year now. The jobs needed to do to get the first draft finished are . . .

1) Shieldwall: Abstract Skirmish Rules for Warbands.
This is simple enough (well it is in my head, but maybe that's because I have a simple little brain!). Should be easy to write up. There's not much to it.

2) Finish the Bestiary.
There are a few more monsters to do, some animals, an entry on non combatants, but mostly it the write ups for Aelfcynn, Dwearogas, and Eorthwerod that need to be done. Easy enough just a case of getting down to it.

3) Mission Generator
I had an idea for this, but I think I forgot it. D'oh! I usually remember these things when I start to jot down notes, and brainstorm ideas. Basically were just talking about random tables, maybe a card draw. I think some of the Adventure Generators from various Savage Worlds Plot Point settings were my orginal inspiration.

4) An example Campaign/Kingdom set up.
Just a basic walk through of how I grow a campaign based on the paragraph of kingdom info and input from the players, etc.

5) Redwald Specific GM Advice.
Kind of a how-you-might-like-to-run-Redwald-but-are-in-no-way-being-told-you-must guide. Not looking forward to this.

6) Finishing Touches there are a few obvious things I've not touched on  like death and damage and what happens when HPs hit 0, other little bits like that.

I'll tick 'em off and report them here at this blog as I do them. See now I've said that I'll have to pull my finger out and get it done.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting RPG. Too bad I don't have much time to play. sigh.
    Great meeting you through the a-z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. There's just never enough time to get it all done (even the fun things). Great to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete